Either it's NaBloPoMo, or my readers, like me, just don't know quite what to do with themselves now that the election is over.
Whatever the reason, I've been tagged not once, not twice, but three times on the same subject, or variant, of "six random facts about myself."
I almost didn't go for it, since I had already written a magnum opus "TEN random things about myself" tag post last November for La France Profonde.
But I couldn't refuse three blogosphere friends: Meredith from Poppy Fields,
Alisa and Bruce from Notre Vie Juteuse (whom I just had the immense pleasure of meeting in Rodez,) and the writer of Discover the French Riviera.
So here we go:
1. The only drinks I really like are coffee, water and wine. I used to like beer, but seem to be growing disenchanted with it. I also used to be addicted to afternoon tea, but got turned off of it when I drank it every afternoon during a one-month hospitalisation.
2. I absolutely cannot bear to eat in what the French call "cafettes" or cafeterias, for example Flunch. They seem to enjoy a certain popularity here, but seeing all that hot food floating around in serving vats makes my stomach turn. I'd honestly prefer to eat at "McDo's."
3. I hardly ever use recipes anymore.
4. I have never had a dinner party culinary disaster take place in my kitchen.
5. I've eaten here four times, but before it became a Michelin three-star restaurant.
6. I've made homemade aligot once, and I don't particularly recommend the gruelling experience.
As for who to tag, I thought just for fun I'd start with The Foodie Blogroll and go from there to find some nice, unfamiliar food blog(gers) :
A Bon Vivant's Chow Chronicles
The Kitchen Canister
An Italian in the US
Cream Puffs in Venice
A Veggie Venture
I think I about broke my own personal link record with this one!